The Winners of 2016 Young Talent Architecture Award have been anounced this evening at Teatro Piccolo Arsenale, in Venice!
Iwo Borkowicz with the project “A Symbiotic Relation of Cooperative Social Housing and Dispersed Tourism in Habana Vieja” from Faculty of Architecture, University of Leuven;
Tomasz Broma with the project “S’lowtecture. Housing structure in Wroclaw-Zerniki” from Faculty of Architecture, Wroclaw University of Technology;
Policarpo del Canto Baquera with the project “GeoFront. Strategic development plan for the frontier territories” from Madrid School of Architecture, Polytechnic University of Madrid.
Check the winners and all 2016 submitted projects here.
Among the shortlisted of this YTAA 2016, 9 Finalists have been selected! Congratulations!
We are looking forward to seeing everyone at the Granting Ceremony on 28th October 2016 at Teatro Piccolo Arsenale in Venice.
– Laura Abbruzzese, Italy / “Subversions Minhocão” / University of Ferrara;
– Cinthia Isabel Barrot | Carrasco Fuentes , France | Venezuela / “Living in offices. The alive triangle of Bordelongue in Toulouse” / Toulouse School of Architecture;
– Iwo Borkowicz, Poland / “A Symbiotic Relation of Cooperative Social Housing and Dispersed Tourism in Havana Vieja” / Faculty of Architecture of the Catholic University of Leuven;
– Tomasz Broma, Poland / “S’lowtecture: housing structure, Wroclaw / Zerniki Wroclaw, Poland” / Wroclaw University of Technology;
– Clàudia Carreras Oliver, Spain: “Living in a cultural environment” / La Salle School of Architecture;
– Policarpo del Canto Baquera, Spain / “GeoFront” / Madrid School of Architecture;
– David Gonçalves Monteiro, Portugal / “Genesis of a place towards the project” / Porto Faculty of Architecture;
– Lorenzo Perri, Italy / “Brewing Democracy: The assembly of Le Balai Citoyen in Ouagadougou” / Architectural Association School of Architecture;
– Alix Sportich du Réau de la Gaignonnière | Alice Villatte, France / “Death and Life of a small French city” / School of Architecture of Marne-la-Vallée;
Check the finalists projects here.
If you want to attend the YTAA granting ceremony, register now for the SHAPING EUROPEAN CITIES debate, collateral event of the 15th International Architecture Exhibition – La Biennale di Venezia. Register now here!
The event will take place on October 28 at Teatro Piccolo Arsenale in Venice and is open to everybody who is interested in the dialogue between architects, policy makers, politicians and representatives of other sectors and will culminate in the Young Talent Architecture Award ceremony.
On 15th September 2015, the European Commissioner for Education, Culture, Youth and Sport, Tibor Navracsics, launched the Young Talent Architecture Award in Brussels.
The announcement was made at the closing of ‘Shaping European Cities’, the exhibition’s inaugural event dedicated to the Mies van der Rohe Award, the EU Prize for Contemporary Architecture, presented at the BOZAR centre in Brussels.In this first edition, all nominated Graduation Projects must be from the 2015-2016 academic year, and the Schools (architecture, urban planning and landscape architecture) must be located in Europe. In later editions the territory criteria may be further expanded, and the participation of other institutions will be encouraged.
Today is the last day for the YTAA nominees to upload their designs.
If you are a recently graduated architect nominated in the YTAA – Young Talent Architecture Award today is the last day to upload your design!
Don’t miss the deadline and click here.
The deadline for School Registration in the Young Talent Architecture Award has been extended to 29th of July 2016.
Nominations for work to be considered for the YTAA will be put forward by representatives from each School eligible to participate in the YTAA. The number of designs that each School can submit/nominate will be in accordance with the total number of students at that School. To register click here.
YTAA promotes debates between students and professors from each participating School to choose those projects that will represent it.
The presence of a YTAA Representative at each School will be essential in order to summarise this internal debate by nominating the projects that will participate in the award. Be the next School to register in! You will find the School registration form here.
Do you want to take part in the Young Talent Architecture Award? Go and ask your school to participate! Does your school know about the YTAA yet? Tell them about it and take part!
To participate, Schools must first register, after which they will be invited to submit candidates until 15th July 2016. The number of designs that each School can submit/nominate will be in accordance with the total number of students at that School. To register click here.